Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Revamp

 
 
I made this painting many years ago. I had first made this into a card when I first started my Etsy shop. I titled the original painting "Joyful Noise." I decided to revamp this older painting and make it into an art block. I added some of the Bible passage, Psalms 98:4 into the image with my Adobe Indesign.  

It is a good idea to go back and look at older sketches that you can alter in some new way to create a brand new product. I am constantly thinking of new price points to have in my Etsy shop, and at art festivals. In this tough economy you need to be creative!


10 comments:

Mary said...

Love this!

sammysgrammy said...

Very impressive recycle project.....

Luella Newkirk said...

Beautiful painting and great idea! It'll be great to see it in your Etsy shop.

Kim said...

great idea!!! You have inspired me to go back and revamp a few of my older items.

Loretta said...

I really like that painting!

bananaorangeapple said...

It sure does pay to diversify!
I am going to collect your blog button for my blog...have a look next week...

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Great idea! I often wonder if I should go back and alter some of my button items that aren't selling....maybe a new look will spark some activity...

Adrian said...

Again, such wonderful colors and design. I enjoyed your Whimsical Landscape painting class this year and I finally wrote about it on my blog, http://adrianembellish.blogspot.com/.

Your style is so happy, I am very glad you share it. Your class was a bright spot for me and I am still creating paintings that are whimsical and colorful. Thank you!!!!

Chari said...

I love this painting!! That is such a gift!

Stopping by from the CASTTEAM!

Blessings!

MYSAVIOR said...

Wonderful and even more wonderful as a print or ACEO??

♥♥♥
Sue