Saturday, July 12, 2008

Funnel Cakes!


"Can we make funnel cakes?" was my daughter's reply. I have never made funnel cakes before, my only experience with them was at art festivals and carnivals. So I searched the internet for a recipe. The recipe was so easy to make and it ending up being a fun activity for us to do together. The recipe only made about 5 funnel cakes, so next time I am going to double the recipe for more. I did not use a lot of oil, but I used a deep frying pan. I also flipped it over so it was lightly golden brown on both sides.


Here is the recipe if you would like to take a shot at it!

Funnel Cake
Ingredients
1 egg
2/3 cup milk
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder

Directions:
1. Beat egg and milk. Mix all other ingredients and slowly add to the egg mixture, beating until smooth.

2. Using a funnel, drop into hot oil working from center outwards. Remove from the oil when golden brown and crispy.

3. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.

No comments: