Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Clouds



No my head is not in the clouds, but for some reason I had this desire to paint them. Probably because this entire summer has been so rainy and cloudy. Our weather goes from sunshine to dark menacing clouds, back to bright sunshine again. Even though at times it is good to have a cloudy fall or winter day to curl up on my couch with a good book. It simply was not what I was expecting during the summer months. I am thankful we are no longer in our drought we had experienced for several years. I do look forward to the fall season to hopefully dryer months ahead.

When I was a child I used to think that clouds were like cotton candy. Oh, how I wish I could reach up in the sky to grab a piece of cloud to eat. I know that sounds silly, but that is what I thought at a young age.

Whenever you are out take a look at the beauty of the clouds at different parts of the day and enjoy God's beautiful creations! Be blessed.

5 comments:

sammysgrammy said...

I like that - cotton candy - I would love to see this painting, greatly enlarged and on a kid's room ceiling or porch ceiling........

Kim said...

I love this one Mechelle! But, I have a fascination for clouds anyway . . .lol Your painting is just so cheerful. There's something about white puffy clouds that just make me smile. When I was little I used to love laying down in the grass in the back yard and looking for animal shapes in the clouds :)

sacra vim said...

Lovely clouds! We were just enjoying watching them yesterday, seeing pictures of them and watching the air currents. :)

Unknown said...

Yes, that would be great on a ceiling.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love your fluffy white clouds! Our weather in NY has been the same and we have had some clouds that look like snow clouds!