Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Inside My Studio




For the past few weeks I have had a hard time balancing creative time with home life lately. I guess you can say I lost my mojo. I had some ideas, but I just couldn't implement them lately.

Well, I finally sat down and painted a little. I have been thinking of making a chevron clock for sometime, so I finally found a stencil at my local arts and crafts store that was perfect!




My second favorite medium like I showed a few weeks ago is working with polymer clay. I am making several pieces for myself, but I decided to make some pieces for my mom, aunt, and maybe even some special teachers.






I think this jewelry would make great gifts for Mother's Day or someone's birthday.
 
Even though I don't have much jewelry in my shop, it is nice to try something different from time to time.

8 comments:

2justByou said...

Love that chevron clock!
We've never tried working with polymer clay, but it's something my daughter had wanted to try. Your necklaces turned out beautifully.

Hannah said...

Polymer clay is a joy to work with, you've made some lovely jewelry. Sometimes it's difficult to make things, I get stuck in a rut occasionally and don't create things for a while, it's good that you're back to being creative again though. That clock is great, I love chevron!

Sue Runyon said...

Great clock. Glad you are getting back into the swing of creating. I always love to see what you are working on.

Aloquin said...

Your clock looks great! Did you use spray paint with the stencil, or brush-on acrylic paint? Chevron is all the rage these days. And those jewelry pieces look great! I used to make magnets out of Sculpey... wonderful medium!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

LOVE the clock! I am always drawn to bold black and white. Your family is very blessed to have your jewelry as a gift!

sammysgrammy said...

I like both the clock and the jewelry. Both good additions for your shop.

Duni said...

I've never worked with Polymer Clay before - your necklace turned out so pretty! Love the little rose :)
have a terrific day!

Jeannie said...

I think we all go through a creative/home balance snafu from time to time. I'm glad you shared about that!