Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Marbelized Cake



As many of you may know, I am an admitted chocoholic. On Sunday I usually make a dessert for the family dinner. My kids all time favorite dessert is marbleized cake. I usually use Duncan Hines yellow cake mix. To marbleize I use Hershey's cocoa powder for the chocolate center.

For the glaze I also use 1/4 cup of Hershey's cocoa powder and confectionary sugar, softened butter, and about one to two Tbsp. of milk. I really don't have a recipe for the glaze, so I just wing it as I go. Sometimes I use my cookbook as my guideline, but I might cut back on the recipe if it is too much for what I am doing.

The cake turned out moist and yummy!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks yummy!

sammysgrammy said...

I'll be there on Sunday.

Linda said...

I can give up a lot of things, but never, NEVER chocolate! Looks yummy!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Love these kinds of cakes! I make them often too!

byTheArtBug said...

I love baking...Looks yum! Thanks for sharing:)

Memories for Life said...

Yum! Can I come for dinner next Sunday :)

Your Invisible Crown said...

That makes me drool!