Tuesday, March 25, 2014

iRun 5K Race



This past weekend my church hosted a 5K race to benefit Wellspring Thrift store.  Wellspring is a unique store that uses their profits to house young women who are leaving the sex trafficking industry.


We had 160 runners, joggers and walkers for the 5K, and about thirty people run the one mile race. The 5K started with a warm up with a Zumba instructor. I wish I took a picture, but I was having fun with the Zumba exercise.
 
The runners also donated canned goods to the Lawrenceville Co-op. There were a total of 700 cans given to the food bank.  
  
 
The race also had vendors tables at the race. We had several booths like Pampered Chef, Premier Jewelry, and a few other busineses and some yummy baked goods.
 
 
 
 
Jodi baked these yummy cake pops for the race. They were fantastic!


 
 
 


I had a booth as well promoting my painting parties.
 
My husband, daughter and two sons, also raced in the one mile race. Would you believe my little Jordan beat his big brother and sister to the finish line.

7 comments:

bananaorangeapple said...

Did you run 5km too? Looks like a great day.

sammysgrammy said...

Sounds like an awesome day with blessings all around.

Unknown said...

What a great event for those that need help so much! A great day for all!

Linda said...

What a great way to contribute to ending this modern day slave trade. It's inspiring to see a community of believers come together in this way. Thank yo for sharing.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Wow, you have an energetic family! So fun to do something like that together!

SarahBeth said...

What a great (and fun) way of raising contributions for two very worthy causes. Those cake pops do look yummy, and who could resist a sunflower cupcake!
Congrats to your youngest son... I bet he was jumping for joy!!

Unknown said...

What a great cause! I've never done a booth (or a 5K!) before, but looks like a good time.